Villa Barbarigo, Rezzonico

Piazza IV Novembre 36025 Noventa Vicentina (VI)

Noventa Vicentina center was built in the plain south of the Berici with the early medieval Benedictine reclamation, develops the historic core around the villa complex of the powerful family of the Doge Barbarigo present here since 1540. It is up to Andrea Barbarigo the construction of the villa in 1588, hiring an unknown architect, maybe John Venturin working in the circle of Palladio. The complex, after the demolition of boundary walls at the beginning of the twentieth century, serves as the center of the country, was originally made up of two separate units: one elegant and one economical, both fenced, but separated from the main road. To the south, two monumental barns addressed to seventeen holes architraves parties by giant Tuscan columns defined a huge square yard. To the north lies the manor, framed by the two barns and closed within orchard. The main facade, facing south towards the barns, has a base land pierced by small, low windows with frames ashlar. On the plinth rising three floors. In the middle section projecting was then placed against a double portico, completed by a triangular pediment, supported by Tuscan columns on the first floor and the second ion. Two parallel staircases go up a ramp to the porch. The two large side sections are drilled on the first floor balconies lintels governed by paired Tuscan columns, while the upper floor has four axes of arched windows closed by high coping. A string course highlights the low roof pierced by rectangular windows. On the roof there are four chimneys topped by spiers. The back north is simpler and has three bodies projecting, one central and two lateral, containing the stairwells added in the late nineteenth century. To the north of the old orchard-garden there are two dove towers today isolated, but originally linked by a long, low structure, probably the orangery. The first floor of the villa has a large hall with a Greek cross with four bedrooms and two living rooms rectangular balconies overlooking the side of the body. The interior retains the lavish fresco celebrating the Barbarigo (partly rediscovered during the restorations of 1955-1958) of the painters Antonio Vassilacchi, Antonio Foler, Alessandro Maganza. The upper floor has three rooms in the central south and a north salon, decorated in the mid-seventeenth century with the prospect of invention and mythological figures attributed to Luca Ferrari and Lorenzo Bedogni. The villa passed to the Loredan and then to Rezzonico, was acquired in 1836 by the Fathers Mechitarist of San Lazzaro in Venice to become the town hall in 1891. The villa is the head office of the government offices and hosts cultural events.



Opening hours of the offices:
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10-13.30, Tuesdays 8.00- 13.30;
Thursdays:ì 10-13.30 / 15.00- 18.00;
Saturday and Sunday closed.

Services: Accessibility for people with disabilities, Public toilets and Guided tours



By car - Distances:
from Vicenza 31 km;
from Padova 40 km;
from Verona 50 km;
from Venezia 80 km;
from Lonigo: 16 km;
from Este 12 km
from the exit Vicenza Est (Autostrada Serenissima Milano - Venezia), 24 km;
from the exit Monselice (Autostrada Bologna - Padova), 20 km.
By Plane
The nearest airports are those of Verona Villafranca (55 km) and Venezia (Aeroporto Marco Polo, 80 km).
By Train
The nearest railway stations are those of Vicenza (31 km), and Monselice (20 km).
Urban and Extraurbans Transports • FTV (Vicenza Railways) Via Carlo Porta, 29 - Tel. 0444 787164




Piazza IV Novembre
36025 Noventa Vicentina (VI)



Tel: 0444 788520  -  Fax: 0444 760156

The displayed contents were given by the owners of the structures.





© Copyright -