Route 3

Piazzola sul Brenta, Padova and Monselice

A JOURNEY THROUGH THE PLACES OF VALUE

VILLA CONTARINI, CAMERINI, GHIRARDI (A)
9: DEPARTURE FROM VILLA CONTARINI, CAMERINI, GHIRARDI. GUIDED TOUR OF THE VILLA AND THE PARK'S FREE VISIT
Located in the center of the urban context of Piazzola sul Brenta, just a few kilometres from the River, the villa consists of a central body and two lateral wings, the porticoed semi-ellipse unfinished, the fishpond and the stables. Located at the back opens the vast park. The main building, built in 1546 on Palladio's design for the family Contarini was expanded and rebuilt. Since 2005 is handled by the Regione del Veneto, engaged in an important enhancement activities of this important cultural heritage.
OPENING HOURS:                                                                                                                    
Summer: every day 9.00-19.00
Winter: daily
INFORMATION
Via Luigi Camerini, 1 – 35016 Piazzola sul Brenta (PD)
villacontarini@regione.veneto.it biglietteria tel. 049 5590347
Secretary: tel. 049 8778272–73 - www.villacontarini.eu

12: FREE LUNCH IN RESTAURANTS iIN THE AREA

CASTELLO CINI, CALLED “CA’ MARCELLO” (B)
15: TRANSFER TO CASTELLO CINI, CALLED “CA’ MARCELLO”. GUIDED TOUR OF THE CASTELLO CINI, CALLED "CA ' MARCELLO" (B)
The architectural complex is located at the foot of the Hill of the Castle, close to the urban centre of Monselice and consists of four main areas: the Romanesque house, the castelletto, the ezzeliniana Tower and Ca ' Marcello. Built between the 11th and the 18th century. The castle was stately home, defence tower towards becoming a Venetian villa. Since 1981 the Castle Cini was owned by the Veneto region and become regional Museum.
OPENING HOURS                                                                                                                   
Visitable only externally
INFORMATION
Via Sette Chiese – 35043 Monselice (PD) tel. 0429/72931
info@castellodimonselice.itwww.castellodimonselice.it

16: LOCATION OF SEVEN CHURCHES AND WALK UP AT VILLA DUODO

VILLA DUODO (C)
VISIT OUTSIDE OF THE VILLA AND GARDEN
Located in the colle della Rocca, villa Duodo was built by the noble Venetian family Duodo based on ancient church dedicated to San Giorgio. On the right the oldest wing dates back to 1593 and is the work of architect Vincenzo Scamozzi. The front part is added in 1740 and is the most recent. The whole is completed by the gardens and the Exedra, dedicated to St. Francis Xavier, at the height of the great stone staircase of 1600.
OPENING HOURS    
Visitable only externally
INFORMATION
Via Sette Chiese – 35043 Monselice (PD) tel. 0429/72931
info@castellodimonselice.it - www.castellodimonselice.it

17: RETURN

 

 
© Copyright - Villevenete.net